Discover the best value for money of hotels in Vermiglio
La nostra scelta tra i migliori hotel della zona
Vermiglio is an Italian town of 1,819 inhabitants in the autonomous province of Trento, consisting of the hamlets of Fraviano, Cortina and Pizzano and the more famous hamlet of Passo del Tonale, famous for its abundance of hotels and ski resorts. Located on the slopes of Mount Boai, the last town in Val di Sole with a developed economy on tourism (summer and winter), crafts and animal husbandry.
Are you thinking of spending your holidays in the snow in Vermiglio? Excellent choice, perfect location for practicing outdoor sports (hiking, skiing, mountain biking), discovering cultural and historical riches and tasting delicious dishes of Trentino gastronomy. The best slopes of the valley are present in the area, both for competitive tests and for tourist itineraries.
1. Forte Strino, a structure dating back to the First World War with an adjoining Museum
2. Laghetti di San Leonardo quiet place for relaxing walks
3. Stavel Refuge '' Francesco Denza '' very panoramic Trekking route lasting 3 hours
4. Museum of the White War of Vermiglio cultural activities and excursions
Appreciated for its traditional cuisine and typical products such as: cheeses, meats, honey, apples and berries and the inevitable wines. We list some of the specialties present in the area:
Casolèt: raw cheese made with traditional whole milk from Val di Sole
Apples: grown in the area that takes the name of Val di Non, they are called "Melinda"
Berries: Blueberries, Strawberries, Currants and Raspberries
Speck from Val di Sole: recognized with the IGP mark. This product is subjected to traditional smoking and seasoning processes, and is used in the production of pasta, bread dumplings, dumplings and much more.
Wines: Trentino D.O.C. Műller Thurgau, Spumante Trento Doc classic method, Vino Santo, Trentino Doc Marzemino, Teroldego Rotaliano Doc, Enantio, Merlot, Moscato Giallo, Nosiola, Groppello di Revò, IGT, Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Trentino Doc Pinot Nero, Trentino Doc Moscato Rosa. Worthy of note is the Grappa del Trentino, famous for its "bain marie" distillation.
Reaching Vermiglio by car or train is simple. Below we show you how to do it:
1. Exit the A22 motorway at the San Michele toll booth and follow the signs for Val di Sole - Passo del Tonale along the SS42. Turning right, take the SS43 della Valle di Non following the signs for Mezzolombardo and Cles, and then the SS42 towards Passo del Tonale.
2. Those coming from the North-West (Milan - Turin) can reach Val di Sole through the Tonale Pass. A4 Milan-Venice motorway to Seriate, exit and follow the signs for Passo Tonale. Val di Sole is also easily reachable from Merano and Bolzano, through the Palade Pass and the Mendola Pass and then through the Val di Non.
On the train
The railway stations are connected to the Trentino Trasporti Electric Railway. To reach Vermiglio, take the Malè-Fucine-Vermiglio-Passo del Tonale line. (In winter it is possible to travel with the Ski-bus, free transport service)
The nearest airports are:
Verona Villafranca "Catullo" (170km)
Bergamo "Orio al Serio" (140km)
Milan Linate (190km)
Milan Malpensa (220km)
Municipality of Vermiglio - Piazza Giovanni XXIII, 1 C.A.P. 38029
Phone: +39 0463/758137
Where to sleep in Vermiglio: Hotel in Vermiglio