Discover maps, photos, holiday homes and hotels in Veneto
It is a region in the north-east of Italy that extends from the Dolomites to the Adriatic Sea. Veneto is home to natural oases and mountains, fortified citadels, cities of art and small historic villages, noble villas and seaside and lake resorts.
The capital is Venice, its places are known all over the world: Piazza San Marco with its Campanile, the Rialto Bridge, its palaces and churches, the Basilica of San Marco and the Doge's Palace, its canals and its streets (the "calli"), as well as its Carnival and the Historical Regatta, the Murano glass and the Burano lace are well known. Among the most evocative Venetian places we find the city of Verona, with the Arena, its charming historic center and Juliet's House, linked to the events of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet; Vicenza and the villas of Andrea Palladio, the Botanical Garden of Padua, the oldest university garden in the world (dating back to 1545), the mountain range of the Dolomites, where the largest ski area in the world is located and, last in order of time, the wine-growing area of the Prosecco Hills.
1. Islands of Lido and Pellestrina, known for having the best beaches in Venice.
2. The island of Murano, on the northern coast of Venice, is known worldwide for its glass working techniques.
3. The island of Burano is located on the northern coast of Venice. It is popular for brightly colored streets and lace making.
4. The island of Torcello, considered the most suggestive island of Venice. It is found on the mudflats and marshes in the northern part of the island. It houses several interesting churches in the city including the Basilica of Santa Maria Assunta and the Church of Santa Fosca.
5. Juliet's house-museum, with the famous balcony and the lucky statue of the girl
6. Lake Garda, the largest body of fresh water in Italy
7. Tre Cime di Lavaredo, three majestic rock obelisks of almost 3000 meters with an unmistakable shape.
8. Cortina d'Ampezzo, a Venetian ski resort known as the Queen of the Dolomites
9. Terme Euganee, thermal towns inserted in the enchanting setting of the Euganean Hills
10. Gardaland, the number one amusement park in Italy
Absolutely to try:
1. Baccalà alla Vicentina, made with dried cod, onion, flour, milk and oil
2. Sarde in saor, cold appetizer based on sardines and sweet and sour onions, to which pine nuts and / or raisins may be added.
3. Venetian focaccia, a long leavening sweet Easter bread, baked in round molds and glazed as desired with almonds and sugar
4. Bigoli di Bassano, rough long pasta
6. Sopressa, soft and creamy salami
Join our community to access: